We are having a sale on Saturday ! Join us from 10a-6p and take advantage of a huge sale on all of our products. We will have select items for sale at up to a 40% discount !!
Join us on Wednesday at 6pm for a social group run in downtown San Antonio. View the map below and join us for 2-4 miles with the option to add more followed by Yoga for Runners at 7pm.
All runners this week will receive a free sample of Trail Toes. Trail Toes cream battles abrasions, blisters & chafing.
We're excited to be located directly on the Siclovia route this year !
To celebrate we are offering 10-20% off store wide and will have various raffles and giveaways throughout the day.
Stop in, on the Siclovia route, from 11a-3p to take advantage of our Siclovia Event SALE and sign up for a chance to win some great items. We will also have Cold Pressed Juice samples and Coffee from our friends at Revolucion Coffee + Juice.
Shopping for a runner in your life can be daunting. Thus, we've created our Holiday Gift Guide based on customer feedback and staff recommendations to help you find and choose the unique gift.
Our gift guides were designed specifically for HIM & HER and broken down into categories based on their running interests and goals.
We have some great new arrivals just in time for the Holidays that are not available anywhere else in town ! Please download our gift guides and stop in or give us a call to discuss specific gifts to make it a great Holiday season for the runner in your life.
Stop by today and support your local running store. We are a locally owned and operated small business. We appreciate your business and support.
We'll be open from 10-5pm and below are a list of the specials and giveaways available until 5pm today. Ask us for details in store or contact us here .
- 20-40% off select shoe and other retail products (excluding cold pressed juice)
- Win a FREE pair of Skechers Performance shoes
- Receive a FREE pack of Run Gum with any purchase >$10
- A chance to win a FREE Acai or Pitaya Bowl from Revolucion Coffee + Juice
- A chance to win a FREE bag of coffee from Revolucion Coffee + Juice
- A chance to win a FREE cold pressed-juice from Revolucion Coffee + Juice
- A chance to win a FREE drop in for Yoga
There are plenty of reasons to shop small locally on Saturday 11/28 for Small Business Saturday as depicted in this infographic. We are making it even more enticing by offering a free social scenic run around beautiful Downtown & Southtown San Antonio followed by coffee, cold pressed juice and tacos at our shop. We will also have many in store specials, giveaways and promotions. Plan to stop by the San Antonio Running Company on Saturday and join us for a run at 9am.
We will also have plenty of The Scout Guide San Antonio magazines available for other ideas on how to shop small during the Holidays.
Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to celebrating small, local businesses, and supporting this event is another great tool to encourage your community to shop local during the holidays.
Below are the details for tomorrow mornings run from Yanaguana at the Hemisfair starting at 8:30am.
The run will be a social run available for runners of all levels. We'll run an out & back route along the Riverwalk and runners are welcome to turn around at any point based on their fitness level.
The entire out & back run is ~3 - 3.2 miles.
- We'll start at Yanguana Garden and run on Cesar Chavez to access the Riverwalk
- After accessing the Riverwalk off of Cesar Chavez we will run South towards Blue Star
- After about 1/2 a mile we will cross over on Arsenal Bridge to access the other side of the Riverwalk continuing to run towards Blue Star
- Shortly after running past Blue Star we will follow another bridge to pass back over the Riverwalk and continue following the path South, away from Downtown / Blue Star
- Once you cross under the rail road track there will be a slight uphill ending at Lone Star Blvd.
- This is the turn around point.
- Here we will turn around and run back the exact same way.
We are now offering a FREE Corrective Exercise Assessment. Please contact us today to schedule an assessment with Rolando. During the initial assessment, Rolando can determine if there are any items that need to be addressed and can make recommendations to remedy. If you would like to continue on a systematic process with Rolando he can work with you to schedule a program and cost to continue working with him.
Rolando graduated from Baylor Unversity in 2009 with a BS in Education-Exercise Physiology. Below is a quick list of Rolando's background, experience and areas of expertise.
- Certified through The National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) - Certified Personal Trainer, Corrective Exercise Specialist, Weight Loss Specialist
- Grew up as an endurance athlete playing soccer and running track & cross country
- Has experience training athletes at the High Intensity Training Center in Austin,Tx
- Personal training experience for 6+ years
- Recently worked in a clinical fitness setting at a local hospital in San Antonio.
- Worked with weight loss clients, bariatric patients, employee health & wellness, seniors, and special populations.
- Areas of specialty include training for weight loss, endurance training, working with seniors and special populations.
- Favorite Revolucion juice = Focus (coconut water and carrot) love the hydrating qualities of the coconut water with electrolytes and also the many health benefits of the carrot
Ciele is focused on Performance & Protecion and offer 3 distinct styles of running caps: GOCap, FASTCap & TRLCap.
All of the caps are lightweight, breathable and packable. These Ciele Athletics running caps perform better, feel better, protect better and look better than any cap you’ve ever owned.
What is Corrective Exercise ?
Corrective Is the systematic process of identifying a neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction, developing a plan of action and implementing an integrated corrective strategy.
This method takes a look at the human movement system. Through the process of identifying impairment, injury, and muscular imbalances, we are able to realize that impairment in one system leads to compensations and adaptations in other systems.
There are four phases involved in the Corrective Exercise Strategy:
1. Inhibit: Uses inhibitory techniques such as self-myofascial release
2. Lengthen: Uses lengthening techniques such as static stretching and neuromuscular stretching
3. Activate: Uses activation techniques such as positional isometrics and isolated strengthening
4. Integrate: Uses integration techniques such as integrated dynamic movement
Contact us today for a FREE Corrective Exercise Assessment.
We've just received a new shipment of Stance Performance Run socks. These performance socks are both fashionable and functional and make a great gift.
The new shipment includes some great new patterns and colors for both men and women.
Order online here or stop in and try on a pair.
Have you ever wanted to try on different shoes and take them for a run before buying ? If so, our wear tests & social runs are a great opportunity to do just that. Skechers Performance Group will be onsite Wednesday 10/07 at 6pm with shoes in different sizes to try on and take for a run on the streets of Southtown.
We will have giveaways for participants. RSVP and come run with us.
As part of our Rock N Roll San Antonio Half Marathon Training Program we will be meeting up at Big Hops at The Bridge at 6pm for a Hill workout followed by a pint at Big Hops.
Join us to get in a great workout and then enjoy one of many beers on tap.
Heels down at 6pm. Pints up at 7pm.
Big Hops at The Bridge | 306 Austin St | San Antonio, TX 78215
#beerrun #hillsandpints #rnrSA #runSA
Training for a 5k, half-marathon, marathon or an adventure race like Tough Mudder? Maybe you are a cyclist, hiker or backpacker needing a light-weight caffeine boost to carry?
When you first bite down on a piece of Run Gum, you will notice that it is not your normal piece of gum. And you don't want it to be. Our performance gum is designed uniquely to get you the energy enhancing supplements you need when you need it.
The Boco Sol is a great option for Newton fans looking for a trail running shoe in San Antonio.
We want to help you run and finish the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio.
Starting this week we will begin publishing a weekly training program to help you get there strong and healthy.
Feel free to follow this program on your own or join us Tuesday (6pm) for a Runner's Circuit, Wednesday (6pm) for our evening group social run, Friday (6am) PRJKT MVMNT and our Trail Run Saturday.
Monday: 3 mile Easy Run
Tuesday: Runner's Circuit
(0.5mi warm up & 0.5mi cool down)
(12x each exercise, 4-5 rounds)
- Squat Jumps
- Plank Bird Dog
- Side Plank Leg Lifts
- Lunge to Balance Runner
- 30 sec Sprint w/90 sec jog recovery(2x)
Wednesday: Tempo Run 3 miles
(2 miles even-paced moderately hard effort)
(Distance includes 0.5 mi warm up and 0.5 mi cool down)
Thursday: Hill Training
(0.5mi warm up & 0.5 mi cool down)
30-45 sec sprint uphill w/sprint downhill (5-8 rounds)
Friday: Functional Fitness Bootcamp (PRJKT MVMNT) 1 hour
Saturday: 3-3.5 mile long run or Trail Run Saturday
Sunday: 30-45 min XT (cross-training)
(includes walking, elliptical, cycling, swimming, yoga, etc.)
Trail Run Saturdays at Friedrich Park.
We're happy to announce our couch to half marathon program powered by Jen Rulon !
This program is perfect for beginning and intermediate runners looking to participate in their first half marathon or looking to improve on a previous performance. Program specifics are detailed below and please let us know if you have any questions or need more information.
Start Date- Monday, August 17th
End Date- Sunday, December 6th Rock n Roll San Antonio Half Marathon
Duration- 17 weeks
Meeting: Run: 2 times per week fully supported runs; Tuesday (interval run) / Sunday (long run). Functional Fitness & Strength: Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Yoga: available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
Includes: Daily training schedule, delivered through Training Peaks, for the entire class (includes everything you need including recommendations for your day off and optional workouts), access to PRJKT MVMNT (functional fitness & strength class), small-group Tuesday evening fully supported run and a fully supported long run Sunday morning.
- Pre & Post program Pose Method Clinic by Jen Rulon
- 10% discount at Revolucion Coffee + Juice
- 10% discount at San Antonio Running Company
- Access to a private Facebook group for additional education & communication
Are you fit enough to start? Most likely!! Runners should be comfortably running just 30 minutes to start. The program is tailored for those looking to participate in their first half marathon to those seasoned runners looking to go from a 10k to a half marathon.